MY INTRODUCTION

Hello! Welcome to my blog...

This is my millionth time trying to restart this blog, but this time is different, I've given it a makeover (Linda Barker eat your heart out) and I want to try and stick to it. 

I just wanted somewhere to put my view across on life, show my art, talk about drag queens and maybe do the odd post about Johnny Depp (more on him later on). I didn't really want to introduce myself like I was on an episode of blind date like "Hiyaaa I'm Beth, I'm 22 and I'm from Burton *applause from adoring fans*" but I feel like that's the only way you'd know who I was. But anyway, I thought it'd be a bit different to tell you some random facts about myself to try and let you know me a bit better.


WWE

As my blog name shows, I get obsessed with things very quickly.  I struggle with liking things just a little bit, its either all or nothing. If I watch a show I like, I can't just watch the one episode, it has to be the whole series in one go (you wouldn't believe how many times I've rewatched Rupauls Drag Race because I can't just watch one episode). I even painted my room yellow as a child because the name of the paint was 'Custard Cream' and anyone who knows me, knows that custard creams are my life. The recent obsession being WWE. I'm not to blame for this obsession though, I'm putting that out there right now. My boyfriend Ben got me to watch this years Wrestlemania (as I was writing this, I had linked in Bens blog to when he visited Wreslemania 30, but he decided to delete all his blogs because he's also rebranding his page... tell you what I'm such a trend setter, copy cats everywhere) Now, before this I'd never seen a WWE show, I only knew the name Randy Orton because all the boys at school would ask if I was related to him (of course I said yes and this made me 10% cooler... unfortunately we're not related but if he met me, he'd wish we were). 

I managed around 10 minutes of the show and fell asleep... but then... after my boyfriend was sat 2 inches away from the tv screen shouting "he's here! he's here!" and shaking the bed, I woke up and was introduced to The Undertaker. Now I'll be the first one to admit it's weird, but I have a crush on him. Yes. The 53 year old, long haired wrestler. The Undertaker. No Regrets. But since then, I've been obsessed with WWE,  I've got the posters, the t-shirts, the books and in November I'm going to my first RAW and Smackdown shows so I'll be sure to do a post on that... it might consist of me telling you how hot some of the wrestlers are (I'm looking at you Drew Mcintyre, you 6ft 6" Scottish babe of  a man) but oh well. 



ART

I love Art. I've drawn and painted for as long as I can remember. I did Art and Design in my GCSE's and got an A, then did Art in my A Levels and got a Double A* Distinction. I've got my own facebook art page called Beth Orton Art where you can go and have a look at some of the stuff I've done, so feel free to go over and please give it a like. I vary with materials but I mainly use either pen, pencil or acrylic paint. Some of my favourite things to draw and paint are my favourite characters, most of these are from Tim Burton films. He's my favourite director/producer and I love how creative his mind is and how it works (and because he's best friends with my future husband Johnny Depp). 

This was a piece done of my fave character Beetlejuice using only pencil crayons and took around 15 mins.

This one of Captain Jack Sparrow was done all using coloured biro pens and took around 2 hours.


CONCERTS

I've been to 20 concerts. Some of them more questionable than others. My first concert was The Wanted, who I saw when I was 16, I went with my mum and I cried for the full 90 minutes. I was overwhelmed (I get overwhelmed very easily, you'll notice this as I go on). It was their last concert before they split up and I'd wanted to see them for YEARS! Now imagine, a 16 year old girl and her mum, surrounded by children and young teenagers who are all dancing and singing... sobbing, full on ugly crying. Makeup down my face, snot pouring out my nose. In my head I was going to make one of them fall in love with me and we'd live happily every after, but no, 16 year old me spend the whole concert crying. 

I've seen Lady Gaga and even Peter Andre (I met him outside an arena and he gave us tickets to his show... I told him I could do the rap to 'Mysterious Girl' and he replied "oh... yep". Honestly if you ever witness me in my rapping glory, you're in for a treat. Forever cool. 


I thought I was getting better at not being overwhelmed at concerts, when I managed to get tickets for the Hollywood Vampires. Who's that? oh only a band with Alice Cooper and Johnny Depp in it. Yes. THE Alice Cooper and THE Johnny Depp. Not only that, but the Darkness were supporting them and I'd wanted to see them in all their leather glory since I was 7. This was also the age I was when I discovered a man who I've mentioned a lot, Johnny Depp. I saw him in Pirates of the Caribbean and for the next 15 years I was madly in love with him. Anyway... I got tickets to see his band. I cried when I got the tickets which was understandable but then it actually came to the day of seeing him. In the flesh. 10 Feet away from him. 

                                       

I cried getting out the taxi, I cried buying merchandise, I cried when I got to my seat. Nobody understood, this was 15 years in the waiting. Then it happened. Johnny Depp walked out in front of me, he was directly 10 feet away from me for the entire show. I waved, he waved back (I cried). I waved again, he waved again (I cried some more). I waved again, he waved again and LAUGHED (I MADE JOHNNY DEPP LAUGH AND YES I CRIED SOME MORE). I made direct eye contact with him which basically means we're married. Sounds legit. 


Anyway, I hope that gives you a bit of an insight into what sort of person I am... an obsessive, art person who's in love with Johnny Depp. I promise the rest of my blogs won't be about him (unless I meet him again and he falls madly in love with me). But I hope you enjoyed it. 

Beth x




Comments